Thursday, July 16, 2009

Victory!

Naw, I'm not declaring "Mission Accomplished" here...just happily relating that I have achieved a minor victory over the incredibly dorked-up official computer network here. As I mentioned in a previous post, between the glacially-slow internet and computer issues, we've been hampered in completing the many official requirements that require on-line work. The latest challenge arose when we were required to complete 3 online courses (teaching us to recognize and combat Human Trafficking, which apparently has been a big problem over here) as soon as possible. After many fruitless attempts to accomplish this at the office, I got permission to try it from my CHU's internet connection. Sure enough, it was a relative snap to knock out all 3 courses in the space of two hours. Also, I discovered how to log on to my official CENTCOM email account from here, so I'm about 85% more effective when in my CHU, as opposed to being in the office...which is 100% Awesome. If only there were some way for me to do everything from back home...
Oh well, a "W" is a "W" (which stands for "Win", not the most recent former prez!), and I'll take that any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment