Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Sgt "Wild Bill" Seewer Moment (RIP)

My detachment sergeant back when I was a deputy sheriff used to say when there was a hot dispatch coming in, "C'mon, Boys, there'll be medals in it for all of us!" Well, at today's battalion recall formation, much to my surprise there was a medal in it for yours truly. It was a very nice gesture on the part of my detachment commander, coincidentally also a "Wild Bill". Thanks, sir.

Now, it's back to mopping floors and emptying garbage bags...Sic Transit Gloria.

1 comment:

  1. Bill will always be around as long as some of us still remember him. Came across those pics just the other day of the poker game we all had in his Wild West Town bar. I'd post them for you but this website doesn't allow it.

    cya.. pt

    ReplyDelete