Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tag, You're IT!

And by "IT", I am referring to "Information Technology. So here's a brief anecdote from my efforts to get up and running with my office stuff.

I apparently have to use a separate email system for everyday communication, because the regular system isn't sufficiently awesome or something. So, following a set of vague directions, I called some office in West Nosepick, Virginia, and received the following step by step instructions from a recording:
"To set up your new Outoluck email account, you'll need to send an email to the Outoluck system administrator. In order to do this, you first will need to log in to your Outoluck account, as the automated system administrator is programmed to only accept email generated within the Outoluck domain...."

Needless to say, I don't anticipate sending or receiving many emails anytime soon.

2 comments:

  1. textual silence is golden, uncle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, nephew, however for some reason the Army is kinda expecting me to actually solve cases, so I must kowtow to the Digital Gods. : )

      Delete