Monday, October 22, 2012

It's Time to Play..."Soldier Ping-Pong"!!!

For those of you who haven't played this ancient and venerable sport, the rules are pretty simple:

1. Take a soldier (in this case, ME) reporting for in-processing;
2. Send him back and forth between different organizations located in opposite ends of the Army post;
3. Repeat until time expires.

Since I am a veteran at this sport, I pretty much knew what to expect when stepping onto the playing field first thing this morning. I have the further advantage of being close to home, with my own transportation and resources. When the game commenced, I played with good humor and ironic enthusiasm, which caused the other players to wield their "virtual ping-pong paddles"rather gently. This resulted in only a brief rally between offices, and I was scheduled for "Game Two" tomorrow morning, leaving me most of the day to get some practice sessions in...Just in case the rules change overnight, which has been known to happen.
(And now you know why they call it, "Military Service"!)

"It's your serve, Army!"

No comments:

Post a Comment