Saturday, March 31, 2012

Movie Review: "Four Lions"

The Spousal Unit and I watched a DVD this evening, which moved back and forth from comedy to tragedy. Four Lions is the fictional story of four friends, three Pakistani-British, and one Anglo Brit, all muslims, who have formed a small jihadi cell in London. I won't reveal the plot, but if you are a fan of extremely dark humor, and are interested in a take on the culture of Britons of Pakistani origin, this film should be added to your movie rental list.
Personally, Four Lions left me feeling both sad and enlightened, which is a rare mix these days. Plus I felt guilty for laughing at scenes which were plainly intended to be funny...and were...but then again, not so much. Yep, that's what a conflicted Leprechaun writes after having his head screwed with.
See Four Lions, then let me know what you think/feel about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment