Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Nights in White Shattin...

I've not been able to get back to sleep after crawling in to bed at 2300. Right after I dropped off to dreamland, some idiot pounded on my door...wrong door...then a group of idiots across the street at brigade headquarters decided to burn a pile of discarded uniforms, sending a noxious cloud of smoke billowing around our CHUs, and filling my CHU with stinky fumes. Tried 3 times to nod off, but the last attempt was thwarted by the idiots (are you detecting a pattern here?) in the CHU next to me, who decided that 0130 was the perfect time to crank up the volume in their stereo to wall-shaking levels, and then scream like maniacs being gnawed upon by badgers. Thankfully, the Major who lives on the opposite side of these mental dwarfs, and is in their chain of command, flew out of his CHU and slammed some heavy object against their door, then yelled how he was going to "rip off their heads and crap down their necks unless they all shut-the-f**k-up-right-f**king-now!" I quietly opened my own door, smiled and thanked the Major, and he very calmly responded, "You're most welcome, Agent Leprechaun," before returning to his own bed.
I love being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment