Thursday, April 23, 2009

Long-Time Reader, First-Time Blogger

Greetings! This is the vehicle I plan to use to keep in touch with my friends, family, and colleagues while I'm deployed to Iraq. For security reasons, I won't be posting any personal identification information here, but that shouldn't detract from the story.
My "shakedown cruise" will be blogging from RTC-North while my unit undergoes the first stint of combat refresher training. Learning to operate armored Hummers, and engaging in hand-to-hand combat training without sustaining disabling injuries are two of the more challenging items on our itinerary.
Anyway, it should be a fun-filled 14 months, so please visit regularly, and feel free to make lots of comments!

8 comments:

  1. Ok, i signed up for this googe account thingie, which i normally avoid (facebook has been pain in the ass, as has classmates and all the rest of them.)

    but for you. I'll do it!

    Do they make well armored, carbon neutral HumVees?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golly! Does the combat refresher include math, too?

    Seriously, though, thanks for serving and stay safe. The world is a much better place with you in it. In fact, I was mentioning you to some new friends just the other evening. I told them about your research. - AB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo - Hey ya Bald Headed Leprechaun.... aren't you retirement age... they must be desperate!

    I'll keep you company ....online anyway... the only sand I like is at the beach here.

    cya Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad we will be able to follow your activity with your blog! looking forward to many great posts-especially if they are half as good as your anonymous comments on "the journey Blog"
    Ginger says: don't forget to take your AARP card-do they have Dennys in Iraq?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do the convoys pull over at rest stops?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So your off to the beach with no water! Stay safe and look forward to hearing about your exploits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey there uncle! is the green suit and leggings some sort of psyops tactic?

    ill be watching you! Nolan

    ReplyDelete