Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Fighting Leprechaun Goes to Ireland: Part II; Hawk-Walk at Ireland's School of Falconry


One of the easiest ways to show you a highlight of the tour is to post a video made by our completely brilliant tour guide, Stephen McPhilemy. Stephen is a talented fellow in his own right, who has made it his life's work to share his country with tourists of the world. We were indeed fortunate to spend two weeks in the company of a fellow who is well-educated about the history, art, and culture of Ireland, both the Republic and Northern Ireland. Even better, Stephen is completely entertaining while being 100% real, which is a rare combination.

As a result, I got even more than I expected from this tour. Sure, the scenery was amazingly complex and beautiful, the Guinness was tasty, and surprisingly, the food was gourmet-level delicious...but the insights I gained as a result of meeting the diverse group of people who call Ireland home will stay with me for the rest of my life.

So take a look at a small chunk of a completely fun day, and be prepared to enjoy the unique dude who led our journey so well! (Okay, so this isn't a professionally-produced video...you definitely get a feel for the relaxed atmosphere we enjoyed on the tour!)

2 comments:

  1. David,
    Great video and the sound effects made me laugh out loud.
    TY for your service. I loved the Army too. I also love golf.

    Any interest in reviewing my new novel, Kill Crime, inspired by Jack Reacher, but much different. My hero, ex-military officer is not a vagabond, he is rich,. He does have skills like Reacher, and after tragedy hits him he goes after the bad guys. I have had one of Amazon's Top Reviewers give me a 5 star review, so at least the grammar and spelling should be good. I hope. Love to hear from you if interested, TY. www.mikeslavinauthor.com
    nmws2@aol.com
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Mike! I will send you an email today.

      Delete